Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Most Amazing Baby Shower

The attention to detail that was put into every little part of this was just over the top. That's my nursery fabric tied around the chopsticks. See what I mean?
My mom made this hot pink and lime green dragon. It's so fabulously awesome. I was speechless.
The hostess with the mostest. My tiny BFF, Dominique. We've been friends since the 7th grade. And yes... I towered over her then, too. LOL!
She had a Shutterfly book made of Mia's nursery. Again... speechless.
The most beautiful cake I'd ever seen. All my favorites.... polka dots, favorite colors and my new favorite thing, cherry blossoms. It was perfect!
We got a late start (surprising, right?) and took awhile to eat so some people had to leave before we even started the games. But it all worked out fine in the end. I was just so happy to see everyone. Some friends I hadn't seen in awhile and it was really great to catch up.
Don't ask. Some strange game Dominique came up with about trying to kiss Jackie Chan and Jet Li. It was pretty funny.
My mom made this for Mia to wear for our consulate appointment.
She also crocheted 3 pairs of mary janes in white, hot pink and black. They're the cutest things ever! There's also a hair bow holder and several hair bows she made. But the pic didn't come out and my camera battery is dead. So I'll add it later.
Tess liked the books Mia got.
My friend's daughter Jade, Teagan, BFF's son Jack, Tatum and Tess. We call my sister's kids "The T's" because all 5 have names that start with the letter T. (The 11 and 14 yr old boys weren't interested in Aunt Krista's baby shower so they stayed home.) Tatum signed the card for their gift "The Three T's and Carla". I thought that was so funny cuz it never occurred to me they call themselves that, too.  All the kids were my little helpers when it came time to open presents. I think they may have been just as excited as I was. Maybe more. LOL!
It was more amazing and wonderful than I could've ever imagined. The decorations were so beautiful. The cake was gorgeous and absolutely delicious. The food, the fun, the friends. All of it was just the best ever. Thank you to everyone that came out to celebrate my baby girl. But most of all ...thanks to Dominique, her family, and my mom for giving me the most magical day. I know how hard you worked and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

9 comments:

Carla said...

Awesome!
Enjoyed the yummy food and hanging out with the new Mama.

Mom aka Grandma said...

Astonishingly beautiful day!!!! Dominique outdid herself....as usual! Her attention to detail was amazing, you could tell she spent months on the planning, the food was great, the day with friends and family was wonderful. So happy for you and can't wait to hold my new grandbaby! Love you, Mom

Gravity said...

It looks amazing!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Wow... what an awesome party... not long now :)

Christi and Abbey said...

So very happy for you! You hung in there and did not give up...now your reward is coming!!!!!! What a wonderful friend you have.

Traci said...

I hate that I missed it, Krista. I can't wait to see you on your return flight. :) Hugs from LA.

Traci

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful event! How lovely.

Kayce said...

What a beautiful shower! Love all the details and love the smile on your face even more! :)

KJS said...

Your shower was beautiful and I am so glad that Livi and I could come.

Post a Comment