Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Last Day of Age 2

Tomorrow is Mia's third birthday. Mind boggling, isn't it? I'm still trying to figure out how we got here so quickly.

I just watched the video that was a few posts back. I can't even believe the changes in her since then. She's a big girl now.
No more high chairs. No booster seats. She sits at the table like a big kid.

She's fully potty trained, except we still do diapers at night to make my life easier.

She knows her first and last name. And mine. She can even spell "Mia". Of course, it helps I chose something with only 3 letters. 

She's learning her alphabet, can count, knows quite a few colors and shapes. Her thought process amazes me daily. I have no doubt she's smarter than I am. And I'll be in trouble some day because of that.
She's funny. Every day she makes me laugh. Some days she makes me want to pull my hair out. But most days, I laugh.

She's confident, outgoing and full of charm. Often she'll walk right up to a sales clerk and announce "Hi. I'm Mia. Nice to meet you". And because of this, we've started reading some stranger danger books as our bedtime selections. LOL!

Her favorite color is blue... much to my chagrin. But she tells me she likes pink, too. I think she's just trying to spare my feelings though.

Her favorite foods are pb&j sandwiches, cottage cheese, clementine oranges, hot dogs and mac-n-cheese. She's going through this weird period where she doesn't want me to heat her food. She wants to eat everything cold. So I'm always sticking her plate in the freezer for a few minutes to chill it. She's quirky like that.
She's very opinionated and when she makes up her mind, she's committed. She decided a few weeks ago that she wanted to be a princess for Halloween. When I asked her specifics, she told me "Aurora" [aka "Sleeping Beauty"]. And no matter how many times I ask or how many other costume options I show her.... she has not changed her mind.

She loves music. Whether that means listening to her songs in the car, playing her Dora guitar, jamming on her piano [which is really just one of those annoying books with a keyboard on it] or singing into her microphone. And she's an incredibly passionate performer. Just see for yourself.
She has a huge imagination. This past Saturday she insisted on taking her purse with her when we left the house... as she often does. Everywhere we went she told people about the dragon in her purse and made up silly stories about it.
 
She starts pre-school on Monday. I'm so excited to see how she blossoms there. I expect it'll be a bit bumpy at first. But I know my girl and I know eventually, she'll love it.
 
She's growing up. Right in front of my eyes, she's growing up. Some days it's subtle. Some days it's right in my face. But there's no denying it. And tomorrow... she'll be 3 yrs old.

6 comments:

dawn said...

Happy birthday Mia. 3 is gong to be so much fun and there is no doubting that you will rock it.

Anonymous said...

im coming don't worry i'll be there soon just you wait until Thursday.

Paula said...

I can't believe she's three! No more toddler! Happy Birthday, Mia!!! Given it's now the 10th, I hope you had an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mia!!! Glad to see your blogging again, she is beautiful!

Miche said...

I'm so glad I stopped by! What a sweet update; it seems like just yesterday I was waiting to hear when you would get your referral :) What a happy birthday I know you both enjoyed!!

Catherine said...

Hi friend! Missing your blogging. Hoping you'll be back in 2014!

Post a Comment